24 July, 2007

Photography Exhibition

Local photographer and Arts Alliance member, Roger Nordstrom, will be exhibiting new work from his recent trip to France and Italy that focuses upon the people, places, and things he observed. He will also be showing a collection of images from places closer to home, Minnesota and South Dakota, that have landscape and wildlife as their subject matter.
Roger’s interest in photography goes back to his childhood. "My interest in photography began when I was young and my father was a big influence on me. My dad always seemed to have a camera in his hand and it was so much fun looking at the pictures that he took. I developed my first roll of film as a young teen and would print pictures in a make shift darkroom. “
Life took Roger in other directions for a number of years, but with the dawn of the digital age, so too was awoken his interest in photography. By the turn of this century, he found he once again had time for his passion. “My professional career took me into the world of data processing and with increased professional demands on my time my darkroom activity suffered. It was hard to balance everything and as a result my camera was put down. By the turn of the century my professional career was well established and it was the dawn of the digital photography age. It was time to again to pursue an interest I had missed so much over the years. It was an easy transition back into photography and the rewards have been quite fulfilling.”

The exhibition runs July 30 through August 31 during regular business hours at the Sherburne County Government Center.

No comments: