06 February, 2014

Student Art Exhibit

This week up and ready for viewing is the Annual Student Exhibition! We invite you to come and see the work of our talented youth in the Elk River area. The opening reception is from 1pm to 4pm on Saturday February 15.

 The Perfect Scratch, by Samantha

I was fortunate enough to catch Samantha in the gallery and ask her some questions about her work. She told me that the original picture was taken at the graduation party of a friend where she snapped a fun photo of her cousin scratching his nose. Samantha then made a collage based on the photo and is now giving it to her cousin as a birthday present. When asked if she is going to continue with art beyond the classroom she responded,
"It's a hobby I like to do. I take lots of photo's and every now and then I have my moments of greatness."

 Primary Color Cow, by Alida

 Spinning Citrus, by Chris

 Octopus Garden, by Molly

 Odyssey, by Bethie

 Purple Tree, by Breaunna


 Serenity, by Anna

 Ladybug, by Teia

 Collage, by Natalie


 Winter Landscape, by Meadow

 I Understand That Reference, by Mackenzie

No comments: